Essays and Lighter Fare
A compilation of some of our favorite essays on the hobby and the growing “experience”, written by the Violet Barn owners and reprinted here.
- “About Us… A Fairy Tale” Can two “plant nuts” meet and live happily every after? The true story (in a “nutshell”).
- “It’s Hot in Here!” When your greenhouse becomes a “hot” house.
- “Of Mice (and more) and Men” Trying to live with nature’s little creatures.
- “More Tales of Mice and Men” An update.
- “The Joy of Watering” True happiness found among the plants (our favorite essay).
- “Good Help is Hard to Find” Everyone loves plants, but do they love the work?
- “Help! (gasp)…I need (ack)…Water!” When we should water isn’t always when we do.
- “Things that Hop…and Things that Slither” Amphibians (and reptiles) at the Violet Barn.
- “Violets as House Plants” Not every plant is a showplant, nor should be.